Saturday, March 22, 2008

US journalists in bed with military

"War Made Easy" was on German TV last night and I found it to be pretty good. Pretty convincing evidence of lack of journalistic independence from government and military, which I talked about in an earlier post.

Maybe the films is old hat in the States. I'd never heard of it. Michael Moore-style editing but no slapstick and way more focussed on one issue and its potential solutions.

Here's a clip with Senator Wayne Morse(a.k.a., KFC's Colonel Sanders). Seems like even back when TV was only black and white, most of Congress, like today, had the backbone of a pretzel when it came to checking the executive branch:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLV-Xeh8bA

1 comment:

  1. Chris, Just out of curiosity, did you happen to see me and two others on any news program walking precincts in Iowa for Barack Obama?

    German televsion crews filmed us and interviewed us, and I have a standing bet to find out whether aDavid Hasselhoff voice impersonator (or he himself) dubbed my voice.

    ReplyDelete